- This policy covers how Jera Concepts LLC (“Jera”) treats personal data that Jera collects and receives, including information related to your use of Jera products and services.
- “Personal data” is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, mailing address, email address, or other contact information, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to non-personal data, which means any data or information other than “personal data” as described above.
Information Collection and Use
- Jera collects personal data when you register with Jera, when you use Jera products or services, when you visit Jera’s website, and when you enter Jera promotions or special offer codes.
- When you register, we ask for information such as your name, alternate email address, zip code, company name, and contact information. Once you register with Jera and use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Jera collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners and affiliates, including information about your use of the products and services that we offer.
- Jera may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Jera cookie information, and the page you request.
- Jera uses information for the following general purposes: to customize our website, advertising and content, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve our services and customer relations, to contact you, and to conduct research.
- Jera and/or our selected third-party partners may also collect data about visitors’ activities on this Website and across the Internet over time for non-advertising purposes, including to conduct analytics, measure trends, and streamline website usability. The technologies used for this purpose may include log files, cookies, web beacons, and social media plug-ins. One of the service providers we may use is Google Analytics. To learn more about how Google Analytics collects and processes data and the choices you may have to control these activities, you may visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- Jera does not knowingly collect or obtain from you or third parties, any “Sensitive Personal Data,” as defined under the GDPR. “Sensitive Personal Data” are personal data, revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation; genetic data or biometric data.
- Jera complies with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13) or from websites or online services directed to children under the age of thirteen (13).
- If you are a visitor from the European Union (EU) or Switzerland, Jera does not process the personal data of a child younger than 16 years old. Jera makes reasonable efforts to verify in such cases that consent is given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over the child, taking into consideration available technology.
- Consumers should not create Jera accounts on our Website or license our services, unless they are legally old enough to form a binding contract and in any case are 18 years of age or older. In the unlikely event that you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 18, who has registered with the Jera website or has licensed services from us, please contact [email protected] to have your child’s personal data deleted.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Jera does not sell, rent, or share personal data about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services that you have requested, when we have your permission, and under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners and affiliates who work on behalf of or with Jera under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal data to help Jera communicate with you about offers from Jera and our marketing partners and affiliates. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Jera’s terms of service, or as otherwise required by law;
- Jera may display targeted advertisements based on personal data. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria.
- Jera will not provide any personal data to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Jera advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such stores, airlines, and software companies).
- To gather metrics about your experience.
- To make our services easier to use.
- To provide you with personalized content. We store user preferences, your default language, device and browser information, your profile information which includes, the level of usage of service and the web-pages on our site which you visit, so we can identify you across devices and personalize the content you see.
- To advertise to you. Jera, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, we evaluate which ads are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our tools, features and services. If you don’t want to receive ads that are tailored to you based on your online activity, you may contact our customer service department and ask to “opt out”. Opting out in this way does not mean you will not receive any ads; it just means that you will not receive ads from such companies that have been tailored to you based on your activities and inferred preferences.
- You have the right to access the information that Jera maintains about you, request deletion of your data, update your data, object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data and you correct or amend that information if it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of privacy laws, to the extent allowed by law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- If we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to opt-out from our marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Questions and Suggestions” heading below.
- You can choose to have Jera delete your record after account cancellation. Some information may remain archived in our system records after your account has been deleted.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
To exercise these rights, please email [email protected].
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal data about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal data about you.
- Your Jera account information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Jera used industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect sensitive data transmissions.
- Jera encourages our customers to use SSH and SCP (secure Telnet and FTP) programs in order to better safeguard customer data.
How Long Do We Keep This Information For?
- Jera retains personal data we collect from you as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a product or Personal data is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, mailing address, email address, or other contact information, and that is not otherwise publicly available)
- Jera will delete or otherwise discard customer data or data we collect about you while using our services at our discretion or when you contact us to do so. You can initiate such a request by contacting our customer service department at [email protected].
Legal Basis For Processing (European Union and Switzerland Visitors Only)
- If you are a visitor from the European Union (EU) and Switzerland, our legal basis for collecting and processing the information described above will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which we collect and process it. We collect and process information from you only where we have your consent (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR), where we need the information to provide our contractual obligation to you (Art. 6 para 1 lit. b) GDPR), or where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
- If you wish to learn more about specific legal ground(s) we rely on to process your information for any particular purpose (including any legitimate interests we have to process information), then please contact us using the details provided below under “Questions and Suggestions”. However, by way of example, we rely on our legitimate interests to process information for fraud prevention and detection, provided these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Art. 6 para 1 lit. f) GDPR).
Impact of EU-U.S. Privacy Shield
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at: [email protected]
Jera Concepts LLC
ATTN: Customer Care
P.O. Box 518
Hopkinton, Massachusetts 01748, U.S.A.
Tel.: (508) 686 8090